Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lucky Enough

I saw this band with Mel a few years ago. It was an amazing show, and a band I've been a fan of for a long time.

I had always hoped I could see this outfit, never did work out.

But on a different topic, I did see the Go-Go's in 1983 play at the Stampede Corral. While not sure how I got there, the show was really good, the crowd enthused, and I came away with an appreciation for a band that's upside down: they're critically acclaimed, but despised by listeners.

This video makes Ultravox look manly, but the sound is crisp, and the song is a great slice of pop.

A year later, Belinda went to rehab, and started walking the path of the Michael Jackson Life of Stardom. Yet, I think she did as much to define the '80s as Madonna, with a song written by the band mentioned earlier - the one I haven't seen.

But, what about Jane? She swam with the dolphins and by osmosis, wrote not one song, but two for Carlene Carter eight years later. Mmm, Jane...

Like anthropologists & the gap in evolution, I am convinced there is a link to Motown, I'm still looking.

Vacation is so cool.

No comments: